Reborn-Art Festival 2019
- date_range 08.03 (Sat) ⇨ 09.29 (Sun) / TBA
- place牡鹿半島、網地島、石巻市街地、松島湾 （宮城県石巻市、塩竈市、 東松島市、松島町、女川町）
- JAPAN / TOHOKU
- Oshika peninsula, Ajishima, Central Ishinomaki, Matsushima Bay (Ishinomaki City, Shiogama City, Higashimatsushima City, Matsushima Town, Onagawa Town, Miyagi Prefecture)
August 3（Sat） - September 29（Sun） 2019
* Festival scheduled to be closed on Wednesdays
(except on Aug. 14 and when special events are held)
* Ajishima area events from August 20
Texture of Life
Traces of the unprecedented disaster caused by nature’s wrath are still visible all around the Tohoku region of northeast Japan. But we should not describe what happened in the region only in negative ways. Indeed, transforming the negative into the positive is what has shaped this art festival, which is organized around the concept of “reborn” art as a means of living. At the first festival in 2017, people’s ideas and connections were newly born in various forms through art.
For the festival’s second edition in 2019, we will explore this theme of “Texture of Life.” The conditions under which we live in contemporary society, not least the uncontrollable economy, seem to take us further and further from the true essence of life. I hope visitors will come to see these artworks filled with the vitality that is unique to Ishinomaki, artworks that bring us into contact profoundly with the roots of humanity, and experience their forward-looking dynamism that discovers new positives.
Takeshi Kobayashi, Chair, Reborn Art Festival Executive Committee
Venue: Oshika peninsula, Ajishima, Central Ishinomaki, Matsushima Bay
(Ishinomaki City, Shiogama City, Higashimatsushima City, Matsushima Town, Onagawa Town, Miyagi Prefecture)